Thank you for your interest in Namibia. Whether you want to visit as a tourist or to conduct business, please use the links below to obtain the information you need.
If the information or service you are seeking is not available below or on this website, please visit the embassy or contact us at email@example.com.
All citizens of countries whom we have VISA Exemption Agreements are not required to obtain a visa and will be allowed to enter into Namibia and get Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement stamps at the Port of entry for the following reasons:
- Visiting friends or relatives;
- Attending workshops (Not as Facilitator);
- Attending meetings;
- Exploring of business opportunities;
- Medical treatment; and
- Any other purpose other than employment of any kind
Here is the complete list of countries.
What Must I Provide to Begin the Tourist Visa Application or Employment Permit Process?
All applicants must submit the following:
- A duly filled and signed application form
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages
- Two (2) colored 2 inches x 2 inches passport photographs (should be identical);
- Self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (should have a tracking no.) for the return of your passport;
- Cash, money order or certified bank check (personal checks will not be accepted) payable to the Embassy of Namibia (fees below). Payments must be in US Dollars;
- Business letter stating nature of visit (if applicable);
- Complete flight itinerary;
- Copy of legal residence in the countries accredited to the Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Luanda (list below);
- Hotel reservations or tour/safari confirmation;
- Proof of adequate funds for the duration of stay in the form of personal bank account statement under each applicants name. If the applicant is a dependent, kindly attach a signed letter of the person responsible for the expenses.;
- Proof that they will be supported by a person who is a permanent resident of Namibia or is Namibian if such a case applies; provide a signed letter of invitation, passport copy, copy of work permit/residence permit (if applicable)
- All documents must be written in English.
Requirements for holders of Diplomatic, Official and Laisser-Passer (United Nations, World Bank and International Monetary Fund)
- A duly filled and signed application form [PDF]
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages;
- Two (2) colour 2 x 2 passport photographs (should be identical);
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (should have a tracking no.) for the return of your passport;
- Complete flight itinerary;
- An official letter from the applicant’s diplomatic mission/organization. The letter should state the full identity of the visa applicant and the grounds for him/her holding a diplomatic/official passport (position within the diplomatic mission or family links with an official), the full details of the travel document, and the purposes and dates of the stay in Namibia.
Important Note on Yellow Fever vaccination requirement prior to travel to Namibia: List of Countries required to have vaccination prior to travel to Namibia.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide an email address where they can be reached in the event that there is an error on your forms or if additional documents are needed.
- Further information may be requested depending on individual circumstances.
- Visitors with tourist visas are not allowed to engage in any employment while in the country.
- The Embassy can only issue Tourist visas and Employment permits. Work/Study/Research visa applications must be sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs. Check their website for more information http://www.mha.gov.na/.
Fees and Processing times:
- Single entry, 3 months validity, 2 day processing – US$50.00
- Multiple Entry, 3 months validity, 2 day processing – US$100.00
- Single entry, 3 months validity Next day service – US$100.00
- Multiple entry, 3 months validity Next day service – US$150.00
- Single Entry, 3 months validity, 3 day processing – US$50.00
- Multiple Entry, 3 months validity, 3 day processing – US$100.00
What Do I Do with the Completed Documents?Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
Rua da Liberdade No. 20
How Long Does It Take?All visas are issued on the day the application forms are received and will be valid for 3 months. Incomplete forms and requirements may delay the process. Expedited same-day service is only provided for applications dropped off and picked up at the Embassy. Next day service is provided for mailed in applications.
Requirements for the Temporary Work or Study PermitAll applicants must submit the following:
- Duly filled and signed application form (3-1/0001) [PDF]
- Representation by Employer form (3-1/0002) [PDF]
- Radiological Report form (3-1/0004) [PDF]
- Medical Certificate form (3-1/0003) [PDF]
- Two (2) Passport size photos of applicant and accompanying spouse
- Highest Educational Qualifications and/or Certificates
- Previous Work Reference or Certificates of Service
- Police Clearance Certificate from Country of Origin (For applicants 18 and older)
- If married to a Namibian Citizen, Marriage Contract
- If position was advertised, a copy of Advertisement
- A letter from Namibian Company/Institution
- A letter from Company/Institution from which you are presently employed with
- Copy of valid Passport
- Deed of Surety application form (3-1/0005) [PDF]
- An official translator must translate all documents or certificates into English.
- All forms must be duly filled (clearly and legibly).
- Submission of incomplete requirements will result to delay in application.
- All permits are subject to the approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs before entering Namibia; therefore applicants who acquired permits from the other Namibian Ministries or Institutions are still required to get an approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs for it to be acknowledged.
How long does it take?In general the process takes 2 – 4 months. However, the speed at which your papers will be processed depends greatly on your ability to furnish the Embassy with all the proper documents. It is always recommended that you send your application material far in advance of when your need them and that you make copies of your records before sending them through the mail. All application forms must be sent directly to the Ministry of Home Affairs www.mha.gov.na.
Who are allowed to hold Dual Namibian Citizenship?Dual Citizenship for Namibia [PDF]
Requirements for the Namibian Citizenship:All applicants must submit the following: Duly filled and signed application form [PDF]
- Copy of abridge and full birth certificate applicant
- Copy of birth certificate (parent born in Namibia )
- Copy of Namibian Id (if in possession of such documents)
- Copy of Namibian ID (parent born in Namibia )
- Police Certificate of conduct from the country of origin
- Applicant over 16 years and above is needed.
- Applicant must have legal residence in Namibia as the spouse of a Namibian citizen for a period for at least 2 years.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate, Copy of Birth Certificate of spouse born in Namibia.
- Copy of Birth Certificate (applicant).
- Letter from the Receiver of Revenue confirming period of residence.
- Copy of Namibian ID (if in possession – above)
- Police Clearance from the country of origin and Namibia .
- Copy of Namibia ID spouse born in Namibia
- Passport copies of the applicant, Copy of applicant (s)
- Valid Permit e.g TRP, PRP and Work Permit Motivation letter from the spouse born in Namibia .
By NaturalisationQualified period: after five years legal residence Copy of permanent resident permit Police clearance certificate of country of origin and Namibia Medical report Letter from receiver of revenue confirming period of residence. Two character references. (letters from friends who has know you longer than 2 years. Job description of yourself and your spouse Copy of Namibian ID if you have one Copy of birth certificate.
By RegistrationWe have a Swart Case copy of Old Swart ID indicate country of birth and date of entry. Police certificate of conduct from Namibia and country of origin Herero – Bostwana Renunciation letter of Botswana citizenship Riemvasmakers & Topnaars Letter from the Riemvasmaak committee Copy of old SWA ID (if in possession of one) Namibia Police Certificate of Conduct Angolan They Qualify For Trp and Prp Copy of old SWA ID indicate country of birth and date of entry Namibia police certificate of conduct
What do I do with the completed documents?Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
Rua da Liberdade No. 20
How long does it take?The processing time is not certain and would depend on the Ministry of Home Affairs. Make sure to write an email address on the application form so that the Ministry can contact the applicant directly.
Please read the list of requirements carefully, a link to download this form is at the end of the requirements.
RequirementsPermission to film in Namibia may be obtained through your local film service provider (recommended), or the following forms need to be completed (forms available for download at the bottom of this page):
- Application form “Filming Permit in Namibia”
- Any commercial filming or photography in Namibia needs to direct a request to the Namibian Film Commission three weeks before arrival by completing an application form and fax it to the Commission. An administrative fee of N$ 500 is payable to the Namibian Film Commission.
- Application form for temporary work permit from the Ministry of Home Affairs, can also be done through your local service provider
- All foreign crews working in Namibia must have valid temporary work permits to work on a film set in Namibia, even if it is for only one day.
Filming in National Parks
- Application for the creation of visual, audio or audio visual recordings and professional photography in national parks from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and once again your local service provider can facilitate this process.
Filming of Minority Groups
- Application for permission to film or photograph minority groups from Legal Assistance Center (www.lac.org.na).
Completion of Film Project
- Location Production Expenditure Report All film production companies are requested to complete a Location Production Expenditure Report after completion of filming. The report serves the Film Commission as feedback and support.
- Two edited copies of the finished product for our archives For record purposes we request to provide us with two copies of the finished product which should to be directed to the Namibia Film Commission.
Bank DetailsAccount name: Namibia Film Commission Secretariat
Bank name: First National Bank Namibia
Account number: 62086706515
Branch: Windhoek Commercial Suite
Branch code: 281-927
Swift code: FIRNNANX
Tax and Financial
- VAT charge on most goods and services procured in Namibia can be claimed back. Your local service provider will assist.
- Film production or photography companies should obtain an ATA Carnet for their filming equipment before departure from country of residence.
FormsClick here to download the Filming Permit [PDF]
Click here to download the Temporary Work Visa [PDF]
Click here to download the Financial Expenditure Report [PDF]
Click here to download the Ministry of Tourism Application Form [PDF]